Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Our client, a leading engineering organisation is currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to further develop their quality assurance skills working on a diverse range of hi-tech projects and programmes to ensure the products are developed to the required level of quality.
Role & responsibilities
- Provide Quality Assurance across both programmes and functional activities, assuring activities comply with BMS process requirements and contractual standards.
- Planning and assessing Quality Technical activities (System, Software and Integration Quality Assurance)
- Proactively working with the projects and functions to improve processes
- To develop, produce, certify and deliver products more effectively.
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues/problems associated with process application, effectiveness and compliance.
- Lead regular Project Quality Assessments and deliver detailed reports and metrics to the project team.
- Develop and implement appropriate action plans with the project.
- You are a Quality Systems / Software professional experienced in process-based management systems in a design and development environment.
- You have knowledge of systems and software processes including national and international standards and assurance requirements.
- You will ideally have an Engineering Degree, or equivalent, with an understanding of new and appropriate technologies.
- You have a collaborative but objective approach
- You communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- You remain calm under pressure and cope well with unexpected changes
- You can work independently and as part of a functional and integrated team, and can plan and prioritise your own work
- You can grasp the essentials of a project, process, plan or problem but still work the detail
Due to the nature of the work my client conducts, candidates will be required to either hold or obtain a minimum of UK SC level Security Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with this process before applying.