Integration Manager / Integration Team Leader
Our client, an innovative technology organisation and a leader in their field are currently looking to recruit an Integration Lead / Integration Manager.
This is a really exciting role and a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on cutting edge technology programmes. The post holder will essentially be responsible for leading all Integration activities and also deputising for the Engineering Manager when needed. So strong technical and leadership skills are required.
The post holder will be responsible for leading:
- Integration - integrating hardware including developing test solutions for development and production
- Trials Support - building up hardware and test equipment from requirements to allow evaluation of design from concept through to system level trials on various platforms
- Qualification Testing - assessing requirements, developing test schemes with the systems team and performing testing to allow the qualification of a product for intended platforms.
- Certification - supporting certification of products, including trials installations, including safety and dependability, hazard analysis, creating operating procedures for trials
- In Service Support - providing effective support to customers including assessing queries, investigating in service observations and analysing test information from customer returns
Day to day activities:
- Integrating and testing sub-modules and other sub-systems including DSPU, power supply, mechanical systems
- Acting as a team leader for the design team, supporting the Engineering Manager in the delivery of the design and integration activities
- Developing hardware from lab concept through to hardware suitable for series production, including defining design and build standards using specific configuration management tools
- Carrying out technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues
- Producing and maintaining test documentation associated with sub-unit and level testing including development test schedules and test result sheets
- Participating in design reviews including assessing design maturity
- Managing external suppliers with procurement teams including visiting suppliers, assisting with first article inspection and technical issues
- Arranging test facilities to perform development and qualification activities, supporting facilities to perform trials
- Supporting the planning and reporting of integration activities, providing input to the Engineering Manager on a regular basis
What are we looking for?
Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:-
- Technical Skills and Experience
- Experience of integrating electronic and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical design methods and tools
- Familiarity with RF/Microwave, radar and control systems and digital signal processing an advantage
- Ability to diagnose hardware problems using various methods; eg: visual inspection, data analysis
- Experience of working with other teams including systems and manufacturing
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers
- Other Skills and Experience
- Developed sense of commercial and financial awareness
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Willingness to learn about projects, tools & methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
- Ability to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required
- Familiarity with project control and reporting an advantage
Due to the nature of the work my client conducts, candidates will be required to either hold or obtain a minimum of UK SC level Security Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with this process before applying.