IT Technical Support
Training Support (TS) is one of MASS’ business areas, which provides a broad range of training consultancy and support services to defence, civil authorities and the commercial sector. Recent and on-going contracts include support to JFC Collective Training, the Royal College of Defence Studies annual strategic Decision Game, and NATO. Capability areas including: Exercise Support and Scenario Development, Learning and Development, Hybrid Warfare, Classified CIS and Research, Development and Analysis.
This role is responsible for delivery of technical support (IT Networks) to Op Atalanta and other CIS projects. You will be required to support and optimise system infrastructure to ensure the availability of IT services and provide resolution of technical issues, and act as part of a small team of infrastructure engineers building and maintaining server capabilities.
- Act as technical specialist to engineer and maintain complex IT infrastructure (local and worldwide LAN/WAN over Internet)
- Provide server support (build, maintenance and troubleshooting) to live operational systems
- Provide guidance to desktop team to assist with more technical issues
- Identify network performance issues and support team with options/alternatives
- Conduct R&D work to identify and implement system improvements as directed.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of relevant technologies pertinent to role.
- Undertake learning and development as agreed with Line Manager.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the job holder that are appropriate to the job.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection, Anti-Bribery and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Proven Server infrastructure support across predominantly MS Server Infrastructure, so hands on experience is essential; Relevant experience post qualification (which should include experience of build and configuration of networks); Building and configuring Server 2012R2 and domain principles (AD,DHCP,WSUS,CA);
- Application support for Device control, Anti-Virus, VoIP; VMware and/or Hyper-V Server experience;
- Extremely well organised and with effective task prioritisation; Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team; Good communication skills; Display calmness and the ability to solve problems under pressure with the ability to generate ideas and solutions; MoD Security clearance: SC (or willing to go through process).
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Microsoft certificates e.g. Server 2012, SharePoint, Exchange;
- Experience in client image creation from OEM disks;
- Understanding of VoIP technology;
- Proficient networking skills;
- Working within a military environment.