Graduate Software Developer
MASS is a leading authority in cyber security and secure ICT. Operating at the cutting-edge of technological development, we provide customers in defence, government, business and education with tailored solutions critical to their effective operations.
We are currently seeking dynamic Graduate Software Developers to join and enhance our St Neots software team. You will be part of a well-established software team, working in a relaxed and friendly environment on a wide range of software projects, from web front end development and simulation to back end Big Data technologies and techniques such as Application Security Testing. Our graduate programme will enable you to develop your skills through exposure to a wide range of software projects, throughout the entire development lifecycle. You’ll receive formal training and mentoring and learning on the job by being involved in some of our most demanding projects.
Adaptability is a key quality; our software developers are expected to work on all aspects of the solution lifecycle from preparing the business case through to requirements capture, design, implementation, test and maintenance in demanding operational environments.
We understand that business success is the best way to achieve success for all MASS people (in terms of rewards, pride, security, fresh technical challenges and development). We therefore offer an accelerated career development programme for those individuals who we believe will contribute most to this success, with opportunities to further your career at our St Neots headquarters or re-locate to join our Lincoln, Gloucester and Central London teams on a permanent basis.
The candidate must be eligible for UK security clearance for access to the appropriate security level.
UK Terms & Conditions – 37.5 hrs per week, 25 days annual leave.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of common architectures and hardware interfaces;
- Knowledge of common software development methodologies e.g. Agile (SCRUM), waterfall etc.;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – ability to collaborate as an effective member of a team. Must have the ability and willingness to become security cleared to DV level, if you do not currently hold this level of clearance.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Developing graphical user interfaces for both Desktop and Web. Experience of using open source libraries to build software products Good understanding of web service architectures, such as REST. Knowledge of commonly used software Design Patterns (e.g. Observer pattern) Testing software using Unit Tests, knowledge of techniques such as Test Driven Development a bonus;
- Worked as part of a team, delivering to deadlines Experience of software design modelling e.g. SysML, UML, OOD;
- JetBrains IntelliJ, MS Visual Studio, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence;
- Knowledge of the Cyber market;
- Presentation skills.
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in St Neots
- Cyber Security SC Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in St Neots
- Defence SC Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in St Neots
- Engineering SC Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in St Neots
- Information Technology SC Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in St Neots