Software Project Manager
MASS provides world-leading Electronic Warfare Operational Support (EWOS) across the Land, Air and Maritime domains. We combine technical expertise with operational experience to enhance our UK and overseas customers’ EW capabilities through the following services and solutions:
- EW Data Management – Software and Systems
- Modelling and Simulation
- Countermeasure Development
- EW Training
- EW Consultancy
At MASS, we understand that business success is the best way to achieve success for all MASS people (in terms of rewards, pride, security, fresh technical challenges and development opportunities).
An experienced Software Project Manager is required that is capable of managing a range of EWOS technical (EW, software and systems engineering) projects. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record that will include: experience of working in a busy software-based environment, successfully delivering to milestones and experience of commercial contracting. The successful candidate will be a strong team player and have excellent communication skills.
- Management of large, complex Software Development and Delivery Projects for external and internal customers ensuring cost, quality and schedule requirements are met.
- Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to ensure the effective and cohesive functioning of a matrix structured project team;
- Experience in managing customer relationships and project financials;
- Ability to report clearly on events both verbally and in written form;
- Experience of chairing meetings/presentations;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word and Excel;
- Very good working knowledge of Risk Management techniques
- Delivering fixed Price Contracts;
- Strong contract(or) management skills; and
- Possession of a full driving license and willing to travel overseas
An understanding of Defence markets and Electronic Warfare would be beneficial but not essential. Security Cleared (SC) would be very beneficial, or at the least the ability to hold an SC.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer
Mandatory Skills required:
Tools & methodologies - Project and Risk management. Prince 2 / APMP (or equivalent).
Apps - Competent in the use of the full suite of MS Office applications and MS Project
Markets - Software Development, Engineering
Other - Good presentation and communications skills. The ability to be Security Cleared (SC).
Desirable Skills Required:
Hardware - Understanding of IT systems used in Defence
Tools & Methodologies - ITIL, Software development methodologies such as SSADM, Agile
Apps - Enterprise/group project management tools
Markets - Defence, Electronic Warfare, Export
Other - Customer-facing and negotiating skills with relevant commercial / contractual experience. Currently Security Cleared (SC).