Concept Design Engineer
Concept Design Engineer – Bristol
As a global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), Altran offers its clients a new way to innovate by developing the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works alongside its clients on every link in the value chain of their project, from conception to industrialisation. For over thirty years, the Group has provided its expertise to key players in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Energy, Finance, Life Sciences, Railway, and Telecoms sectors, among others. In 2016, the Altran group generated revenues of €2.120bn. With a headcount of more than 30,000 employees, Altran is present in more than 20 countries.
Altran are in the process of hiring Concept Design Engineers with strong motivation and an engineering background, ideally within the energy and aerospace sector. As Altran’s Concept Design Engineer, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high as such; we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
Vacancies are available in Altran supporting various major Aerospace, Defence and Energy Clients. Altran provide concept design engineering services and CAD modelling system architecture as part of a work package.
- 3D CAD modelling (NX9)
- System architecture layout
- Liaising with systems design team and modelling new concepts
- Engineering drawings
- Detail component design
- Design for Manufacture
- Technology development and readiness
- Concept design engineering activities - includes operation of Siemens NX CAD and PLM systems.
- Leading the design of aero-engine systems and all associated components (for example; bearings, seals, casings, turbomachinery etc.).
- Cross-function support, liaising specifically with specialist teams such as; stress and materials.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to follow client needs.
- Hold an Engineering degree.
- Possess knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Possess Gas turbine experience, propulsion or power generation preferred.
- Have communication skills with a good level of verbal and written English.
- Have a proactive attitude and ability to communicate and report at different levels.
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.