Aerospace Systems Engineer
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, Altran offers its clients a new way to innovate. The Group develops with or for its clients the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works along with its clients on every link in the value chain of their project, from conception to industrialization. The Group has been providing its expertise for over thirty years to key players in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Energy, Finance, Life Sciences, Railway, and Telecoms sectors, among others. In 2014, the Altran group generated revenues of €1.756bn. With a headcount of nearly 30,000 employees, Altran is present in more than 20 countries.
As Advanced Systems Engineer you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high, as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible can-do attitude. Above all you will have a desire to progress and deliver success for our customers. You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses.
Altran supports the client in providing the systems engineering approach to support new product development, modifications and operational changes. You will work closely with all other engineering disciplines at both system and sub-system levels to deliver technical solutions at all stages of the product lifecycle.
Our engineers work across different programmes in a dynamic and busy environment, ensuring tasks are delivered effectively and technical issues are resolved quickly.
You will deliver fixed price systems engineering solutions, including product development and project engineering, with short to medium-term goals.
You will be supporting multiple engineering tasks for different projects, requiring you to maintain direct working relationships with the key client points of contact on-site, and represent both your work and the work of team members during client reviews.
- Technical system requirements generation, analysis and management at system and subsystem levels.
- Creating or modifying system functional models, and supporting system architecture activities with the client design teams.
- Creating verification strategies, reviewing verification evidence and authoring substantiation arguments to enable approval at Chief Engineer-level of proposed system design and limitation changes or in support of certification campaigns.
- Acting as a project integrator and interface between project management and other engineering teams.
- Carry out project engineering duties such as; work package and team coordination, schedule planning, creation and implementation of systems engineering management plans and project quality plans.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent.
- Ideally an incorporated engineer, chartered engineer or actively working towards such status.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with aircraft mechanical systems, gas turbines, or other complex mechanical systems.
- Experience with writing or approving engineering documentation, and associated change management processes. Familiarity with working to AS9100/EN9100 standards would be beneficial.
- Experience in generating technical requirements, and articulating technical arguments to demonstrate compliance to those requirements.
- Understanding of a broad range of product development, verification and in-service processes and techniques; e.g. product lifecycles, qualification plans and reports, configuration control, requirements analysis, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and delivering significant tasks to schedule and budget; the wide variety of responsibilities requires effective time management across multiple projects and prioritization of work.
- High levels of self-motivation and customer focus, being comfortable with written and verbal communication to a range of audience levels on a broad range of associated engineering topics.
- Capable of making accurate and considered technical decisions under pressure and often with limited information available.
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.