Unix Engineer - Security Cleared
Status: 6+ months rolling contract with possible extension.
Clearance: a valid Security Clearance is mandatory.
Applies UNIX technical knowledge to solve complex business requirements and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Uses consulting skills including, but not limited to: interviewing clients to understand business needs, developing technical solutions, and working with multiple teams to accomplish project deliverables. Capable of consulting, designing, testing, implementing, managing capability requirements, integration of custom components into varied environments and provision of third level production support using standard methodologies.
- Unix System Administration I and II Certification
- At least 3 years (Specialist) or 5 years (Expert) of experience using, building and maintaining one of the mainstream Linux or Unix base O/S's such as Red Hat, SUSE, Solaris HP-UX, AIX
- Knowledge of Web Servers like (Sun One/iPlanet/Apache)
- Knowledge of RDMBS (Oracle)
- Knowledge of Application servers like (Apache/JBoss/TomCat/WebLogic)
- Knowledge of J2EE Architecture
- Linux/UNIX Scripting (csh, ksh, bash, perl).
- Veritas Volume Manager and File System management
- Good understanding and basic (technical) knowledge of virtualization technology including migrations (eg VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, P2V, P2P, PlateSpin, DoubleTake, Grid, Solaris Zones, AIX LPARS/WPARs, HP-UX vPARs)
- Awareness of ITIL and/or CMM practices and processes