Systems Engineer (Security Cleared)
To be considered for this role you will have a successful track record in delivering support systems administration for technically complex multiple server implementations.
You will have strong scripting skills with proven ability in task automation using configuration management toolsets. You will a good grasp of virtualisation concepts and cloud implementations. You will have experience of two or more operating systems.
You will have strong problem investigation and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyse and resolve technical issues on a broad range of systems.
Training and development: The firm believes that it is critical to encourage personal development to have a successful team. As such, we have established a budget for employee education and allow developers to take training courses or otherwise improve their skill set.
In addition you will be able to demonstrate many (but not necessarily all) of the following competencies:
- Good working knowledge of Unix (e.g. Linux RedHat, Centos, Solaris) operating systems. Current Red Hat certification ( Admin or Engineer)
- Windows Server System Administration skills, including both Server 2008 and 2012 R2. Current Microsoft Certification (MCTS or MCITP)
- Active Directory Support and Administration within an Enterprise environment. Configuration and support of Group Policies. DHCP and DNS Administration and Support
- NiFi, QPID and Camel
- Cloud experience and excellent understanding and experience of virtualisation technologies including VMWare VSphere, Openstack, Docker
- Strong scripting skills with ability to automate through use of; PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, Java scripting, Jenkins or Puppet,
- Experience in Automated Provisioning of Operating Systems and applications using SCCM Enterprise, Red Hat Satellite or other tooling.
- Experience of Cisco UCS Rack Mounted Servers including UCS Manager and associated CISCO management toolsets. Load balancing using CISCO ACE and F5
- Experience in hardening of Operating systems to meet CSI standards and security accreditation
- Experience in Antivirus configurations for Sophos and or MacAfee (enterprise versions)
- Knowledge of Apache, MsSQL, PHP
- Experience of availability monitoring systems such as Nagios, HP Openview
- Knowledge of Tivili toolset TSAM, ITM, Omnibus and TEM
- Knowledge of configuring operating systems with use of block or file storage.
- Knowledge of Databases eg Oracle and / or MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of Netbackup
Opportunity requires DV clearance.