Lead Security Engineer - Information Assurance (IA SME)
- Job Type
Lead Engineer/Information Assurance Engineer (IA SME) - Permanent - Dorset - Excellent Salary!
Would you like to work across a range of projects, delivering products in the defence and security domain? Our client currently has a vacancy for a Lead Engineer - Information Assurance (SME). As a Lead Engineer - Information Assurance (SME), the successful candidate will provide key IA engineering leadership into significant projects. They will work closely with the wider project and information security risk, mitigation and design through the product lifecycle.
This role will be working with internal teams and interacting with the customer through the MoD accreditation system. The successful candidate will attend security working groups with the customer and will interface with Systems Technical Authorities.
- Contributing towards the delivery of key security enforcing products to MOD and export customers.
- Leading the companies IA interface with the customer accreditation organisation in Security Working Groups and Surgeries.
- Leading on secure infrastructure and front-line deployed products, providing the IA SME into these projects.
- Working on and taking the IA lead on systems deployed across multiple security domains, at all levels of classification.
- Working closely with the Engineering Design Team on a number of internal and external projects throughout the UK, taking the IA lead on these.
- Understanding the product information risk context, and proposing architectures and countermeasures to mitigate risks from solutions.
- Working closely with managers, solution architects and system engineers to identifying design and implement security controls which provide value driven risk reduction.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying information risks and the commensurate controls.
- Awareness of architectural frameworks and experience in applying security architecture principles to small or large integration projects (MoDAF / ToGAF / DODAF).
- Experience of working across multiple projects.
- Further Subject matter expertise in one or many security technologies - such as network security, protective monitoring, encryption etc.
- Ability to articulate information security advice directly to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ability to travel to different sites throughout the UK to enable the completing of tasks to meet project needs.
- Hold CESG Certified Professional SIRA and/or IA Architecture at Senior Level or similar qualifications.
- Experience of developing and delivering reports on Information Security.
- Ideally previous experience of IA Engineering delivery in a defence systems integrator business.
- Degree qualified in Information Security, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or Science, with strong A-levels or equivalent.
- Ideally have Developed Vetting (DV) Clearance or the willingness to go through this process once in the business.
- The successful candidate will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to be able to work as a part of a team or individually.
- The candidate will also need to have great persuading skills to guide and influence customers coupled with a proactive, can-do attitude is a must for this role!
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
Apply for Lead Security Engineer - Information Assurance (IA SME)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly