Digital Developers For 40 years, this organisation has helped military and intelligence clients deliver large-scale, secure, end-to end information solutions across the globe. In the UK, they are ranked as a top 5 Defence software and IT services supplier providing defence advisory services, software solutions, systems integration, secure hosting services and training across the Ministry of Defence including frontline operations, security, intelligence, communications, personnel systems, logistics and infrastructure.
Currently looking to develop their digital developer team at various levels as the need for Open Source software developers to deliver fast and flexible solutions from their clients is increasing. You will be joining a team that enables them to further consolidate its world-class capability and provides clients with the best mix of solutions for their evolving digital needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities;
You will undertake development activities in TDD, BDD and Scrum, or other Agile practices and be responsible for coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems, and coach other developers. You will contribute to strategic development by maintaining competence in Open Source technologies and bringing in innovative and pragmatic solutions to both business and technical challenges.
Essential Skills - what you will bring to the table
- An Understanding of industry standards and best practice Experience of greenfield development, brownfield development and third line support
- Experience of development using technologies, frameworks and tools across the Open Source stack such as MongoDB, Neo4J, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Pentaho, Jasper, Talend, ELK, Lumify, Drools, Jbpm, Camel, CXF, ActiveMQ, D3, AngularJS, Node.js, Python/Jython, CentOS, Ubuntu
- Experience using Linux environments
- Experience of SOA, middleware and microservices
- Experience of JBoss solutions and products
- Experience of Big Data analytics and infrastructure
- Experience of development and deployment in a cloud containerised environment
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery Participation in an Open Source community project
- Advanced knowledge of Spring.
Security Clearance: Must be UK National - Security Cleared (SC) or SC clearable or higher clearance