Our client are a leading Engineering Consultancy who add value to their clients by outsourcing their expertise. They are currently looking for a number of Continuous Improvement Mechanical Engineers to work on their client site in Rotherham. This role will therefore require travel and customer facing skills, as you will be representing one of the global leaders in Engineering & Innovation Consultancy.
As there are a number of positions available, people with all levels of experience are being considered. Whether you are a Graduate Engineer or have advanced level experience, you will have the opportunity to grow your career - through training with the end client to support from one of the leaders in engineering consultancy.
While Security Clearance is desirable, it is not essential to securing the role.
- Consolidate value stream and improve operational flow
- Future proofing for capacity & capability
- Autonomous machining & inspection capability
- Optimise footprint to reduce engine assembly lead time but consideration of logistics and kitting, instrumentation, fast/make, coordinate measurement machining, balance operations, component wash and NDT capability would be advantageous
- Consideration of ancillary large test and equipment preparation
- Engine receiving & despatch, Manufacturing Services, office & welfare facilities
- Self-motivated, a proven track record of problem solving and developing solutions whilst delivering on time and to budget across the Manufacturing Engineering landscape
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of manufacturing operations
- Experience of factory design, layout, machine operation, facility process flow, continuous improvement
- Familiar with LEAN, 6 sigma, Kaizen and preferably green belt/black belt
- Able to assimilate current manufacturing process, aware of new and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills, ability to seamlessly operate between the shop floor, engineering, management, programme etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and reporting skills
- Output KPIs, generate presentations and technical reports
- Willing to travel
If you are interested in engaging with this organisation please apply and we will facilitate an initial discussion if you meet the above requirements.