Application Support Engineer - 24/7 - SQL
Our client's Application Support Engineers are their front line in maintaining and troubleshooting systems. The successful candidate will have variety in the role, undertaking a wide range of tasks across multiple systems. The successful candidate will be working closely with the customer to investigate, diagnose and resolve application and database issues. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team member and work as a key member of the growing Support Team.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background with development, debugging, powershell and infrastructure skills.
SQL experience is essential.
- The successful candidate will be working across multiple technologies with keenness to learn and broaden their skill-set.
- The successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive and go beyond routine questioning to find the underlying causes of issues.
- Java/J2EE or C#/.NET experience is essential, likewise the successful candidate will need to have a good grasp of PL/SQL or Oracle 11g.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate problem solving and communication skills; and have relevant support or software development experience in a customer environment.
- A client-centric ethic is a must and the successful candidate will take pride in customer satisfaction.
- The successful candidate will have technical ownership of tasks and will help to provide 24x7 cover through the team rota.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Application Support Engineer
Salary/Rate: £30,000 - £50,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance