OBSW (Onboard Software) Production Engineer
Description of the job
As an OBSW Production Engineer, you will be working within the Engineering technical unit for Data Processing & On-Board Software, which is a multinational group with sites in UK, France and Germany.
As part of the UK's Data Processing & On-Board Software department, you will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic development group working at the centre of embedded software development for some of the most exciting Space missions currently under development, including ExoMars Rover, and Solar Orbiter.
Main Production Development activities:
- Software detailed design
- Code and unit test activities
- Software integration activities.
- Supporting software validation testing (when applicable):
- Developing validation tests that exercise & prove adherence to requirements
- Analysing/debugging non-conformanceSkills/Qualifications
An Engineering degree in software, computer science or similar is essential, as is a minimum of 3 years' experience of real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process. You will be software process oriented, have a disciplined & quality mind-set and excellent software problem solving skills.
As an OBSW Production Engineer, you will also have excellent knowledge of RTOS for real-time embedded systems as well as a detailed understanding of development environments & methodology (e.g. Cygwin, UML, HOOD), formal software development & validation and production of detailed design specifications.
A proficiency in ANSI-C-code development, unit-test and integration is also important, as well as an understanding of debuggers and configuration & requirements management using Clearcase, Clearquest, Reqtify, DOORS or similar.
Experience in the satellite, space or avionics industry is also desirable but not essential.
What else do you need to know?
This is a contract position for 6 months, working full-time 37 hours per week in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The pay rate for this OBSW Production Engineer job is £45.00 per hour. Please be aware you will be subject to security vetting in order to undertake work in accordance with business needs.
If you are interested in the role and match the required skills and qualifications, please apply today.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
More searches like this
- Aerospace NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Stevenage
- Cyber Security NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Stevenage
- Defence NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Stevenage
- Engineering NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Stevenage
- Information Technology NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Stevenage