Working for an organisation that is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is providing aircraft with situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the 'go to' provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, they have an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
Working on a designated project made up of three distinct services namely; Design Service, Development Service, and Operate Service. The Data Manager will be responsible for the through life management of project data, from design of the data feed into the system, through to presentation of the data for exploitation by third party user applications. The Data Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Data Architect as part of the Operations Team.
- Monitoring of performance of all ingest, storage, transformation and data management components.
- Identification of performance anomalies and bottlenecks; submitting defects and feature requests to the Data Architect.
- Identification and prediction of requirements to modify the scaling of the systems (e.g. storage, processing power, data transport) to suit the needs of the end users and their analytics and visualisations.
- Identification of needs for performance optimisations within the architecture.
- Monitoring and assurance of data lifecycle management processes (e.g. archive and deletion).
- Completion of Data Management related User Acceptance Tests (UAT) within Model Office, ensuring that any issues are highlighted to the Data Architect.
- Providing support and advice to the Operations Manager, Product Owner and Data Scientist as required.
- Stand in for the Data Architect during periods of absence.
- Production of Data Design documents, including Nifi canvases, ICDs, RFCs and Work Instructions.
- Applicants must be able to gain and maintain UK Government clearances.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with the varying stakeholders, namely MOD, MOD service providers, and data source owners.
- Understanding of UK Government Security Classifications.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of Big Data Solutions namely Hadoop.