CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required for this position
*** Please be aware that DV Clearance is required for this position prior to contract commencement. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
- Designing interface specifications, flexible data representations and transformation rules to meet business requirements based on hands-on assessment of data
- Work with project teams and fellow architects on designing end to end architectural solutions advising on data architecture and system/component interfaces
- Data profiling to understand opportunities for exploitation through hands-on assessment and manipulation
- Identify and document potential solutions. Conduct options analysis to recommend optimum solutions
- Work with the Technical Authority to ensure that the solution is aligned to overall strategies and that dependencies between solutions are fully understood
- Be part of the development team to ensure the solution remains aligned with the wider business, technical and delivery standards
- Gather and interpret requirements from the business and technical teams
- Follow enterprise, Programme and Project governance, change management and design review processes where they apply to data architecture
- Work with project teams and fellow architects to design end to end architectural solutions advising on data architecture and system/component interfaces
- Initiate new ideas and be involved implementing new technologies and methods
- Closely working in a team of architects in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
- Designing & delivering real world architectural solutions to support strategic and dynamic requirements of the business
- Using a range of skills and experience to analyse, model, store & exploit data.
- Understanding the difference between conceptual, logical and physical data models as well as methods of querying data.
- Capturing data flows between systems and defining solutions requiring ETL and data model transition
- Expert knowledge of Data Modelling and Data Architecture
- Experience of successful architect design and integration in large scale enterprise organisations
- Experience of communicating data models to development teams and the impact of data architect on requirements to the business community
- Experience producing entity relationships, data flows, schema designs and documentation
- Experience capturing data flows between systems and defining solutions requiring ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) and message/data model conversion
- Work collaboratively as part of the broader architecture team, sharing ideas and experience wherever possible
- Strong working knowledge of software development life-cycle
- Strong communication skills - The ability to explain & present complex technical issues clearly & confidently to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge and experience tuning requirements into models and how these integrate with software development/architecture
- Experience working with Hadoop, Elastic Search and related technologies
- Experience of designing systems that support complex analytics on big data sets
- Experience of systems/solutions that process high volume, disparate datasets at high speed
- Experience of using formal design methodologies
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us