Senior Enginering Manager
Senior Engineering Manager (Delivery)
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The purpose of this Senior Engineering Delivery Manager role is to provide functional leadership of the Engineering team supporting delivery of contracted programmes within the C4i business area.. The functional leadership role encompasses capability management, delivery performance management and governance of engineering activity. The role reports to the Engineering Director, with the various Programme Directors being key stakeholders.
- Accountable for ensuring delivery of Engineering content of a programme(s) in support of a particular business area to On Time Acceptable Delivery (OTAD) criteria.
- Accountable for Engineering Governance, including Design and Safety Certification for programmes within the C4i portfolio.
- Accountable for Functional Management of the C4i Engineering Delivery Team.
- Resourcing and Governance of bids within the business area.
- Provision of capability sustainment and development within the business area.
- Contribute towards the leadership of the Mission Systems UK Engineering function as a part of the Engineering Management Team
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in design and delivery of large scale systems, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in functional management of an Engineering team.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in the Tactical Communications domain, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- Demonstrable experience/competence in Leadership & Management roles.
- A demonstrable ability to think at the systems level and innovate.
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analysis and decision making skills.
- Excellent business awareness.
- A willingness to continuously learn and develop
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.