Defence Programme Approvals Experts
Pcubed is the largest global management consulting firm uniquely focused on program, portfolio and change management. We have delivered business transformation and embedded innovation for half of the Fortune 100 since 1994.
We can deliver the capabilities of over 1250 skilled PPM consultants based in over 30 offices worldwide with the additional support of a global network of specialist associates to optimally serve our clients globally.
Pcubed has a passionate, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, which is at the heart of our continued success. At the core of our drive and ambitions are the sustainable growth of our business, excellence in delivery, and the empowerment and development of our talents globally.
We are looking for experienced Project Managers with Approvals expertise to be based with one of our key defence clients in Bristol. Responsibilities will include;
- Providing high-level advice as SME on managing the approvals process for programmes up to and including Category A
- Independent planning, management and delivery of an approvals campaign
- Producing specialist approvals products and artefacts, for example schedule risk analyses, risk management plans, benefits realisation plans, and acceptance plans
- Ensuring work is delivered to schedule
- Guiding the progress and successful implementation of complex projects and determining and process changes required
This role reports to our Head of Defence Consulting and will be based in Bristol, with some national travel.
Required skills and Experience
We are looking for talented, dynamic and experienced consulting professionals with MOD Approval campaign skills, and experience of complex MOD equipment programmes. You will have:
- Solid understanding of complex MOD equipment programmes
- Expert knowledge of MOD Cat-A approvals campaigns (minimum of 3 years)
- A proven track record of successfully delivering end to end full lifecycle projects
- Demonstrable experience in successfully working and delivering projects in a matrix environment
- Communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership to team members teams as well as strong stakeholder engagement with the ability to influence teams and drive progress.
- Prior experience and qualification in project management methodologies such as MSP and PRINCE2 including knowledge of creating schedules, risk management, and acceptance plans
Why Join the Pcubed team?
We make a real impact and so will you.
As a PCU3ED consultant you will be able to deliver significant business benefits and change. You’ll have real opportunities for rapid career progression as our culture allows each employee to make a difference.
PCU3ED has a refreshing lack of formality.
The only focus is on successful delivery for our clients. As we have a flat structured environment, you’ll be given responsibility as soon as you start and you will be able to shape your future career to take you in the direction that you want to go in.
We will support you in your development.
We don’t just employ people and deploy you on one client site for years. We on-board you into our culture, provide continuous training and skills refreshers, regularly rotate assignments, and offer you access to the full range of our diverse client accounts.
Consultants are expected to work from a Bristol base, but be flexible with regards to travel within the UK as you could be working away from home during the week. Exciting opportunities exist for those employees who may wish to work abroad as part of their time with Pcubed.
Diversity and Right to Work
Pcubed is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK.