3rd Line Support Engineer
JOB TITLE: 3rd Line Support Engineer
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 6 - 12 Months Contract (with the option to extend further)
DAILY RATE: Highly competitive (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required to undertake this position.
*** Please be aware that due to the urgency behind this position the successful candidate must be in possession of DV Clearance to undertake this position. Please bare this in mind before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a talented 3rd Line Support Engineer to join an innovative Infrastructure Tools team that maintains our client's IT infrastructure.
Working on the back end of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), the 3rd Line Support Engineer will be required to provide 3rd line support to the development of infrastructure tools in varied & growing environments.
Key activities include:
- Liaising with Project teams to progress and implement changes and tasks;
- Troubleshooting ConfigMgr issues including Software Update Management, Software Deployment, Inventory, OS deployment including PXE in all of the environments.
- Create reports via SQL Reporting Services.
- Monitor and maintain desktop client health.
- Work with project teams to transition changes in live environment.
Candidate Profile & skills required
We are seeking the 3rd Line Support Engineer to hit the ground-running from day one who can multi-task and prioritise workloads effectively. The 3rd Line Support Engineer must possess the following essential knowledge and experience:
- DV Clearance
- Proven experience of working on the back-end of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Good knowledge of ConfigMgr 2007/2012/CB
- Good experience with Windows Server up to 2012
- Good experience with PowerShell
- Good experience with SQL Reporting
- Good experience with T-SQL
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Good experience with VB Scripting
- Good experience with Active Directory Administration
- Good experience with Splunk
- Good experience with Takedown Servers
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (XP, Windows 7, Windows 10)
Duration: 6 - 12 Months Contract (with the option to extend further)
Location: Central London
Daily Rate: Highly competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Are you interested??? Do you have the talent, skillset and clearance level to fulfil this role???
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.