Lead Software Engineer - Java
Lead Software Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - £60,000
Successful candidates will be working in an Agile development teams, performing full stack web development, user interface design or requirements analysis. They may also undertake research & development on new software technologies and pursue new business opportunities.
- Preferably (though not essential) have experience of Cyber Security through Defence, Full Spectrum or Analytics. This could have been acquired as part of degree level course or by working in the security, defence or intelligence industries
- Thrive as part of an Agile team using approaches such as Scrum or SAFe
- Value working with clients in developing their products
- Enjoy the challenges of designing and developing innovative software solutions using design patterns and object orientation principles to architects' specifications
- Be eager to learn a broad range of technologies surrounding Java and keep up to date with related open source projects
- 2:1 degree or substantive experience in a Cyber Security related technical field.
- Experience in software developing, testing and deployment using Java and modern DevOps tools such as OpenStack/Vagrant/Docker/Puppet/Chef, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, BitBucket, Nexus, Jira, Confluence and equivalents (training will be provided for our specific tools).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to meet the needs of our wide ranging external and internal clients and to develop effective working relationships with our customers and partners.
- Experience of data analytics tools for processing security metrics and logs e.g. Syslog, Spluk, ELK, Spark, Eagle, Sqrrl, Prelert etc.
- Experience of Not only SQL databases e.g. Accumulo/Gaffer/TinkerPop, Jena TDB, MongoDB/CouchDB, Elastisearch, etc.
- Experience of developing with, and contributing to, open source projects
- Experience or interest in User Experience (UX) techniques and designing and developing user interfaces
- Experience with Micro-services/RESTful API development
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot/Spring Cloud, SCALA, Play and similar frameworks
- Experience with Linux development environments especially using Eclipse and Maven
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in mentoring/technical coaching of junior members of the team
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Behaviour/Test Driven Development
You will be required to hold a government security clearance. If you do not hold an active government clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Central Government jobs in Manchester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Cyber Security jobs in Manchester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Defence jobs in Manchester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Digital Forensics jobs in Manchester
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Engineering jobs in Manchester