The project is made up of three distinct services namely; Design Service, Development Service, and Operate Service. The Data Manager will be responsible for the through life management of data, from design of the data feed into the system, through to presentation of the data for exploitation by third party user applications. The Data Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Data Architect as part of the Operations Team.
Data Manager - Permanent - Wiltshire - £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Monitoring of performance of all ingest, storage, transformation and data management components.
- Identification of performance anomalies and bottlenecks; submitting defects and feature requests to the Data Architect.
- Identification and prediction of requirements to modify the scaling of the systems (e.g. storage, processing power, data transport) to suit the needs of the end users and their analytics and visualisations.
- Identification of needs for performance optimisations within the architecture.
- Monitoring and assurance of data lifecycle management processes (e.g. archive and deletion).
- Completion of Data Management related User Acceptance Tests (UAT) within Model Office, ensuring that any issues are highlighted to the Data Architect.
- Providing support and advice to the Operations Manager, Product Owner and Data Scientist as required.
- Stand in for the Data Architect during periods of absence.
- Production of Data Design documents, including Nifi canvases, ICDs, RFCs and Work Instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with the varying stakeholders, namely MOD, CGI, other MOD service providers, and data source owners.
- Understanding of UK Government Security Classifications.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of Apache NiFi technology.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of Big Data Solutions namely Hadoop.
- Experience of working in an Agile project delivery environment.
- Understanding of Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- Understanding of Regex Syntax, use of capture groups and experience of creating Regex pattern matching syntax.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Data Manager
Salary/Rate: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance