Infrastructure Lead Architect - DevOps - SC - Basingstoke
Automation Infrastructure Lead Architect - DevOps - SC - Basingstoke - Contract
A key defence sector client is recruiting for a Security Cleared Lead Architect with a significant specialism in infrastructure delivery across all infrastructure types (servers, storage, networking and firewalls and virtualisation). As Lead Architect you will ensure that the clients Defence Automation Toolset solution adequately supports infrastructure delivery and operation expectations whilst also informing the choice of tooling and ensure that the target benefits are achievable.
This is a contract opportunity with an initial duration of 6 months and will be based in Basingstoke.
In addition to contributing to the tooling choice, this role will take the lead in configuring the toolsets and implementing any integration code/scripts as required. As such, this role is suitable for either Infrastructure Architects or Integrators as long as appropriate design input and hands-on implementation can be evidenced.
You will ideally have the following background:
- Valid SC Clearance or above
- Extensive infrastructure delivery experience including a good spread across all infrastructure types e.g. Servers/Storage/Networking & Firewalls/Virtualisation
- Solution/infrastructure architecture/design
- Current, usable, hands-on coding skills in either Powershell, Python, Bash etc
- Can evidence the ability to rapidly assess/evaluate new technology/products through hands-on experimentation and comprehend/adopt them into the overall solution
- Experience of solution delivery in a highly secure environment
- Knowledge of Agile/Incremental solution delivery
- Demonstrable knowledge of Config/Change/Release management principles
The account would also be very interested in these skills also, but they are not essential:
- Automated infrastructure provisioning, using VMware, Ansible
- Infrastructure as Software
- Software Configured Networks
If this seems like a good fit for you and your experience I would be delighted to speak with you in more detail about role specifics - please apply to the above position by sending your up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively calling me, Patrick McNamara today direct on- (0117) 9087000.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.