Req ID: 93048BR
Location: Feltham, London, UK
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic, experienced and high performing experienced Database Administrator (DBA) to work within the Enterprise Service Management Team. Raytheon along with other similar successful high performing organisations is executing highly collaborative and complex programmes and delivering specialist services. These services require collaborative working and strong leadership to resolve issues by working jointly with the customer across multiple sites and business areas.
Reporting to the In Service Support Enterprise Technical Lead the role will have responsibility for providing enterprise operational database support and maintenance services to a complex range of imagery and geospatial system capabilities in a high availability operational environment and will involve regular travel in support of an enterprise solution across multiple sites. This role is within the live support team and primarily covers the maintenance of Oracle System, MSSQL databases in a predominantly windows environment across a multisite enterprise solution and involvement/support where these databases interact or provide services to the wider software solution.
The Enterprise DBA will need a thorough understanding of Oracle databases and to a lesser extent MSSQL and other database products. Highly advantageous would be any experience with geospatial products such as ArcGIS, Arc Server and Arc SDE environments. This is an extremely complex and challenging role that will be highly rewarding, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements with multiple providers, agencies and customer organisations. The work location will primarily be based at Feltham, but will require regular visits to other Raytheon UK and customer sites.
- 2nd/3rd line support for Oracle databases in an ITILv3 led support environment.
- Developing plans and procedures for database transitions and database builds
- Maintaining the data model
- Updating logical and physical data models and data dictionaries
- Maintaining the Data Definition Language
- Maintaining integrity of the system databases
- Monitoring, analysing and correcting database errors
- Identification of data item discrepancies
- Technical problem investigation, data collection and problem resolution
- Defect investigation and Resolution
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of Oracle databases
- Oracle installation & configuration
- Planning and implementation of upgrades via release & deployment
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise-level geospatial databases
- Provide technical support to delivery/engineering teams
- DV clearance or the ability to gain the clearance is essential
- Experience of an ITILv3 support enterprise environment.
- Oracle DBA (11g) experience in an Operational Support environment
- Knowledge of Systems Integration, Development and Test
- Good understanding of IT architectures for a security clamped environment.
- Good understanding of software/systems engineering principles
- Able to carry out duties with minimal supervision
- Operates under own initiative
- ITILv3 qualified
- Experience of operating in a VMWare environment
- Familiarity with MoD service and civilian personnel
- Degree in IT or Engineering discipline
- Good understanding of IT architectures for a classified environment
- ClearCase and ClearQuest experience.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from online learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.co.uk
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Annual Bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10%)
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- 1.30pm finish on a Friday (37 hour week)
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Due to the nature of Raytheon's commercial government client base, successful candidates will be expected to achieve the appropriate level of clearance specific to their employment
Please also view the Raytheon video: http://www.raytheon.com/ourcompany/ourculture/