Summary of role:
Permanent or contract considered.
Raytheon UK Cyber and Intelligence are looking for an experienced Software Systems Architect to join our Defence Information Systems Team. Working for Raytheon C&I you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further your career aspirations and develop your management and leadership potential
Main duties of the position:
To design and develop mission critical software architectures and COTS product deployment methods.
- The Software Solution Architect will be directly responsible to the C&I Chief Technology officer (CTO) for the development of the Software Architecture of a multi-site enterprise architecture.
- Development of high level Software Architecture Solutions and supporting documentation for Cloud Solutions in a secure environment.
- Support to bid teams working on Government initiatives for flexible infrastructure solutions and rapid application deployment.
This may involve any of the following tasks :-
- Design and define architectures for complex software based systems;
- Document these designs and communicate them to all stakeholders;
- Act as Software Design Authority who can communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and none technical stakeholders;
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at gate & design reviews;
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements;
- Responsible for section/business area resource planning;
- Responsible for personal development of team members;
- Identify and resolve issues related to tool, process and environment selection;
- Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and plan for new technology insertion;
The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a software architect on projects of significant size and complexity and extensive skills in two or more of the following:
- High competency in use of software patterns and other design methodologies.
- Deployment and delivery of Flexible software architectures in virtualized environments;
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V);
- Experience Working with Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery models;
- Java application development and deployment including Web Services;
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB );
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure software architectures;
- Experience of security products including IDP, IDS, Two Factor Authentication, SIEM;
- Relevant Computer Science related Bachelor’s Degree essential and evidence of ongoing professional development.
- You will need to have a willingness to travel if required in the UK, Europe and USA
- Knowledge of GEOINT, IMINT, SIGINT/ELINT, COMINT, MASINT, OSINT, HUMINT and the analysis of the data and information;
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques;
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel;
- Knowledge of JSP604 and JSP440;
- Experience with high performance distributed systems;
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization;
- Experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark);
We are looking for individuals with significant professional experience. Experience of software development in a military or Government project background would be an advantage. A broad knowledge of Information Assurance and Security "best practice" would also be useful
About Raytheon UK:
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from online learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.co.uk
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Annual Bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 10%)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Car allowance scheme
- Flexible benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- 1.30pm finish on a Friday (37 hour week)
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Due to the nature of Raytheon's commercial government client base, successful candidates will be expected to achieve the appropriate level of clearance specific to their employment