Software Assurance Consultant
As a Consultant (Software Assurance), the successful candidate will be providing software assurance to the customer, from the products received from the supply chain. The successful candidate will be leading a team, ensuring that targets and deadlines are at the forefront of thought when completing packages of work.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the chance to undertake a role which combines technical tasks, leadership responsibilities, and interaction with the supply chain and with the customer. The role sits within a business area which boasts a healthy order book, offering the successful candidate excellent development opportunities and job security.
Software Assurance Consultant - Permanent - Cumbria - £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
- Interacting with system owners to ensure that the software components within system designs are adequately managed and design documentation is acceptable.
- Liaising with software suppliers to maintain assurance of design intent, and to monitor resolution of issues that may compromise compliance with the requirements.
- Managing the team in terms of task load, ensuring deliverables are met.
- Be the catalyst in ensuring the team meets programme deadlines for platform software.
- Being a first port of call on design issues and a technical lead and subject matter expert for platform software.
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycles and processes.
- Degree qualified or equivalent - software, systems (technology related).
- CENg or eligible to attain charter-ship.
- Industrial control systems
- Real time systems
- Programmable hardware
- PLCs and embedded software
- Software safety
- Supplier management experience
The successful candidate will be organised with a systematic approach to tasks. The successful candidate will be good at remaining well-informed on matters which fall within your scope. The successful candidate's excellent communication and relationship skills will enable them to remain transparent with the customer. The successful candidate will be able to think innovatively when tackling technical issues to ensure prompt resolutions.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Software Assurance Consultant
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance