Front-End Developer| Interactive Web Content|Data Visualisation
Senior Interactive Content Lead | Front-End Development | Data Visualisation | Interactive Web Content | Agile
£35,200 + Excellent Benefits
Join an award winning team, with it's 'digital first' mantra, to lead the production of high quality data visualisation projects. The aim being to connect data with it's users in innovative, creative and effective ways.
The work of this team is used on various channels. It is also regularly used by the wider media in their story-telling, often reaching a wide and varied audience. The post-holder will work within an interdisciplinary team, including designers, data journalists, together with teams across the organisation to generate ideas and translate these into engaging pieces of content. Think newsroom developer - if you have an interest in using visualisation (sometimes interactive) to enhance data storytelling then this could be the job for you.
The successful candidate will have:
- Practical experience of using Open Standard Web technologies (HTML5/CSS/Ecmascript) and open source frameworks (e.g. d3js/jQuery) to produce interactive web content.
- A demonstrable statistical and visual literacy, including an awareness of appropriate techniques for the graphical presentation of statistical data.
- Experience of manipulating, processing and analysing data using packages such as Excel, SAS or R.
- Awareness of the characteristics of effective digital content, including UX/UI, accessibility and responsive design.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects using appropriate management techniques (eg Agile)
If you're interested please get your CV over before 31/05/2017 to be considered!