At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is seeking a Cloud Consultant (DV cleared) to join us in the UK. In this role, you will lead the on-site delivery and implementation of great technology that delivers freedom, flexibility, choice, and superior performance. You'll gain an understanding of our customers' infrastructure and business needs, and make recommendations appropriate to their environment. This role is ideal for an Cloud Consultant who wants to build on their core technical expertise and work in a fast-paced environment promoting Red Hat solutions.
- Be the subject matter expert at the client site, addressing the technical, developmental, or strategic IT needs
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, testing, and deployment of open source solutions
- Learn new technologies and apply those concepts to customer needs
- Adapt to changing customer requirements
- Respond to incidents, escalations, and exceptions in a professional manner
- Current UK government clearance (DV level) is required
- Experience as a consultant or in a related role and an understanding of the open source community
- Experience with UNIX or Linux database administration and tuning
- Background in cloud implementations and an understanding of their business impact
- Understanding of the software-defined datacenter and related concepts
- Experience implementing virtualization technologies in an enterprise setting and with enterprise-wide deployments
- Ability to communicate value, progress, and metrics of key projects to required stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, project management, and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with related technologies like Ruby and Python
- Experience working with cloud management solutions and tools
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.