Learning Technologist - VLE
My client is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. They are looking to appoint a skilled Learning Technologist to work on one of their main Ministry of Defence sites in Lyneham.
- Provide advice, guidance and support on the use of technology in the design and creation of e-learning content.
- Work with Course Design to ensure the application of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training) when developing, selecting methods and media.
- Ensure learning material is developed and delivered according to the course programme requirements.
- Compliance with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) when instigating, implementing course design or VLE content changes.
- Conduct checks on all developed e-learning content to ensure full VLE technical compliance.
- Undertake VLE development activity in accordance with SOPs.
- Escalate technical issues with the VLE.
- Respond to Course Design priorities set by DSEME Course Design Managers.
- Undertake a range of networking activities in order to increase awareness, exploit and share current good practice.
- Maintain a high awareness of new and emerging learning technologies and media.
- Advise and assist with the introduction of technology-supported learning through workshops, delivery of courses, one-off consultations or collaborative projects.
- Carry out any other appropriate task that may be required from time to time.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification or 3 years experience working in a digital learning environment - Essential
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (preferably Moodle) - Essential
- Pedagogical knowledge - Essential
- Knowledge of the course design process in accordance with requirements of JSP822 - Desirable
- Knowledge of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training) - Desirable
- Experience of rapid development tools (e.g. Articulate, Lectora, Storyline) - Desirable
- Experience of audio, image and video production - Desirable
- Experience of design and/or production of multimedia learning objects - Desirable
- Experiential knowledge of SCORM 1.2 & Tin Can/xAPI - Desirable
- Experience of training individuals/groups in the use of new technologies and systems - Desirable
- Creates and drives forward a culture that demands active two way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the organisation
- Acts as a passionate and inspiring advocate for communication (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Energy, enthusiasm and a genuine desire to produce outstanding work
- Meticulous attention to detail (pixel perfect design) and ability to work well under pressure
- Takes ownership of, explores and challenges a creative brief to deliver the highest quality output
- Entrepreneurial spirit; does not settle for the expected and pushes ideas beyond the obvious possibilities
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK, subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS, security clearance and 5 years employment reference checks.
Apply for Learning Technologist - VLE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly