Infrastructure Designer / Systems Architect - Defence
Infrastructure Design Lead / Systems Architect - Permanent - Surrey or Dorset - £55,000
Would you like the chance to play a crucial role in supporting the development of cutting-edge programmes? Our client is looking for an architectural design lead experienced in the computer infrastructure industry.
- Primary reviewer of technical requirements and the associated design response to ensure the logical and systematic conversion to a complete, coherent and integrated system design.
- Ensure that all designs are documented in accordance with local procedures and a configured baseline is maintained.
- Maintaining the product road maps for the Common Infrastructure suit to ensure new design and obsolescence replacement insertion points can be planned.
- Ensuring traceability of the design to the system-level requirements and aiding the test team to produce sufficient quality control evidence to allow the production of the system's certificate of design.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in the specification, design and development of complex systems utilising COTS information technology.
- The candidates experience will also include the planning and coordination of tasks necessary to deliver complex integration projects to challenging timescales.
- Systems architecture development and implementation.
- Knowledge of the internals of Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Good level of understanding of TCP/IP networks and switching protocols.
- Proven experience of high-performance processing design, high-resilience networks, modern processing systems and virtualization (including VMware or other virtualised products).
- Previous experience of product management
- Experience of using UML.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of design-for-safety and the production of evidence to support product safety justifications.
- Experience of a FRACAS/DRACAS.
- Requirements management within a DOORS environment.
- Enterprise Architect
- Teamcenter PLM software suite.
- Experience of the design, development, test and qualification of products for use in the military deployed environment.
- Ability and experience in interacting with and successfully influencing key stakeholders at all levels.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and organised with an innovative approach to problem solving and a focus on delivery.
- The successful candidate will have strong communication skills which will enable them to interface and present to others effectively.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.