Req ID: 92091BR
Location(s): Harlow OR Glenrothes
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced IT professional to fill the role of Solutions Architect specialising in network and network security solutions within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery to critical functions and services.
This position involves leading the development of the network architecture and security strategy for Raytheon UK. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of the network and security space within Raytheon
• To provide and own architecture and design artefacts that translate business needs and requirements into technology system solutions
• Be the technical specialist, providing advice and assistance to all areas of the business and acting as a technical "customer champion".
• Creation of high level and detailed design solutions aligning to customer requirements from many stakeholders
• Providing technical governance to ensure that all engineering activities undertaken are compliant with customer requirements and adhere to design principles.
• Be the trusted source of solution architecture technology expertise and pro-actively provide technology leadership and direction to project teams and 3rd party partners in the definition of appropriate project solutions
• Produce project plans, written requirements, technical specification and support documentation.
• Work within best practice frameworks, such as ITIL, ensuring that appropriate processes are developed and adhered to, where necessary.
• Ensuring architecture is achievable within defined cost and schedule .
• Producing capability roadmaps that positions Raytheon to successfully serve market in terms of value, timeliness and class leading capability.
• Ensure IT and Security standards are adhered to and maintained.
• Provide a point of contact within the team for specialist technical enquiries
• Overseeing definition of concept of operations, requirements gathering, technical troubleshooting & process development.
• Providing subject matter expertise in the networking technologies and mentoring others in the team.
Essential – Technical Skills
• SC cleared or be willing to undergo SC clearance.
• Proven experience as an Architect or high level Designer, with a thorough knowledge Cisco networking and security technologies
• A proven track record in network support and architecture with experience in various networking protocols, including VOIP, VTC, MPLS
• Knowledge in Modelling & Simulation to support the design and proof of the architecture
• Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems which are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with the IT Functions and overall organization objectives.
• Experience of developing high demand/mission critical systems on a 24x7 basis.
• Understand and ensure IT technology projects adhere to appropriate project management and systems life cycle disciplines.
• Experienced in presenting at all levels within an organisation
• Be familiar with the systems development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support.
• Knowledge of security aspects and development of security solutions
• An appreciation of Systems Development lifecycle, business analysis, testing methodology, maintenance and support
• Working knowledge of Change Management and Service Delivery Industry best practice (e.g.ITIL), knowledge of Information Security Industry best practice (e.g. ISO27000), and experience of formalised project management methodologies and techniques, and project management skills
Essential – Behavioural Competencies
• Exceptional communication skills in dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers.
• Team Player who contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects outside immediate sphere of influence..
• Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a complete and successful solution.
• Ability to understand and analyse complex business problems in order to define and develop technology-based solutions.
• Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on projects and contracts
• Develops technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Ability to determine and set personal technical objectives and deliverables
• Excellent relationship skills - the ability to build professional relationships with both technical and business personnel.
• Knowledge and ability to work with Common Architectural Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman)
• Familiarity with Risk and Opportunity Identification, Tracking, and Mitigation processes
• Holder of current DV security clearance
• ITIL Qualifications – Foundation and other specialised areas of ITIL.
• Defence industry or associated highly regulated industry background.
• Preferably degree level education although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester, London, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits
• Enhanced sick pay scheme