Members Enquiries Officer
Members Enquiries Officer
£16,000 - £18,000
Providing a quality, efficient and effective service to North Tyneside Council's elected members is a top priority for Capita.
As part of this, Capita has introduced a set of Members Service Standards that outlines the framework for its interactions with elected members.
The role will involve acting as a key contact for elected members wishing to raise Highways issues with Capita, ensuring engineering service leads provide information to allow members enquiries to be satisfactorily answered ensuring members are provided with timely and quality responses to their queries.
This role will be based in our offices in North Tyneside. However, travelling may be required to other Capita offices or Client offices.
- Quality checking all responses to member queries prior to them being uploaded onto North Tyneside Council's Members' Enquiries System
- Ensuring all member queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Maintaining spreadsheet of draft responses until they are approved
- Seeking regular member feedback on the responses and information provided by Capita
- Providing a monthly report to Capita's Operations Board on performance
- Manage the Traffic Email Inbox categorising and answering queries as appropriate
- Work with the Highway Network Manager to identify opportunities for enhancing the service provided to elected members
You will be expected to have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to rewrite technical information into Plain English
- Organisation skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Be proficient in MS Office skills (word, outlook, excel etc)
- Must be able to work effectively within a team as well as individually
- Must be adaptable and flexible towards meeting the needs of the business
- Well organised with good time management, must be able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to record and maintain accurate records
- Good keyboard skills
- Attention to detail
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working with elected members
- Experience in a customer service role
- Experience of copywriting
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff
- Be open and honest
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done
- Focus on solutions rather than problems
- 37.5 hours a week
- Annual leave - negotiable, but typically 23 days
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications
- Access to many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.