Cloud Operations Lead
Due to growth throughout the business and the acquisition of a number of prestigious clients, we are extending our Cloud Operations to Wakefield. We are therefore looking for a senior cloud professional with experience managing and scaling high-performing teams to form our northern cloud practices from the ground up.
With the support of the Cloud Operations Manager and AWS Practice Lead, you will be tasked with growing a support and delivery function consisting of Systems Administrators, DevOps and SysOps Engineers.
Once the team is established, your main focus will involve providing AWS cloud consulting and architecture expertise to a host of exciting clients.
How we do it
We believe that to work in a truly collaborative DevOps environment requires the right mindset, tools and expertise. We host teams of engineers who are dedicated to great cloud engineering. These are a centre of excellence for agile practices and a hub for DevOps culture and processes.
As advocates of continuous integration, automation, version control and cloud based solutions, our DevOps Engineers are essential in promoting the DevOps way of working and thinking… simply put, they build solutions as if they are going to be the one supporting them! This ensures we produce robust solutions consistently.
How we will ensure your success:
We appreciate that Cloud Professionals need to be continuously learning, so if that means taking time out to learn from one of our subject matter experts in-house or attending tech talks and conferences, then you will have our full support.
As an Amazon Premier Consulting Partner, we work hard to ensure our staff are experts in AWS and we'll get you certified to prove it!!
Skills & Requirements
- Experience providing consulting or architecture expertise on AWS or Microsoft Azure implementations
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing teams
- Knowledge across a broad range of application and infrastructure technologies
- Expert knowledge of AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
What's in it for you?
Our people and our projects aren't average - so why would our benefits package be?
In addition to your salary, you will receive great holiday entitlement, healthcare, pension and ShareSave schemes to name but a few. We also have a fantastic office environment and a great social scene for those that like to swap beers for ideas.
- An environment of continuous learning - If it's certifications you want, training or tech events. We will make sure you get the tools you need for greatness.
- The career path that you want - we'll listen to what you want from your career, utilise your strengths and work on your weaknesses to give you a genuine opportunity to grow
- Co-op culture - Work hard, Play hard!
- A work/life balance - Remote/Flexible working options
- Holiday 25 days per year (option to buy additional holiday days).
- Pension Scheme Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Healthcare Family friendly policies covering career breaks, paid maternity, adoption, paternity leave and paid time out for fostering and fertility treatment.
- Training As a market leader within Cloud Computing, we work closely with vendors such as Microsoft and Amazon, to ensure that all its staff have the relevant professional qualifications to ensure they are subject matter experts.
- Progression We offer a clear competency framework in place that makes it easy for employees to see development opportunities across the business.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.