Principal Cloud Consultant (Azure - Home based)
We are recruiting for a Principal Cloud Consultant with experties in Microsoft Azure, to work in a home based role.
This role combines business facing consultancy, solution/application architecture and infrastructure architecture to shape and drive Cloud adoption. Cloud Consultants are expected to be strong technologists first, with the ability to match Cloud technologies and appropriate processes to the business challenges of our Enterprise customers.
The purpose of the Principal Cloud Consultant role is to:
Understand the business context and drivers for Cloud adoption, including broader operational and management considerations
Lead on-site engagements to assist customers with their Cloud adoption strategy, for example: creating roadmaps, readiness reviews, feasibility assessments, proof of concept recommendations etc.
Elucidate and validate high-level functional and non-functional requirements, including highlighting relevant risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
Understand and help document customer application architectures, advising where appropriate on improvements to facilitate Cloud deployment
Create high-level infrastructure architectures that balance requirements for performance, scalability, security, user experience and cost
Conduct technical investigations to identify alternative options for application or infrastructure technologies that cannot be readily moved into the Cloud
Evangelise Cloud benefits, answer Azure questions and address customer concerns
Support the pre-sales process including tender responses, pre-sales meetings and estimates
Present findings and pursue business growth opportunities
- Consulting focussed operating at Lead or Principal level
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to work closely with stakeholders to shape solutions
- Breadth of understanding across the software development lifecycle
- From a software development background and background or biased towards Microsoft technologies, including .NET and SQL Server
- Deep technical understanding of Microsoft Azure both IaaS and PaaS
- Evangelical qualities and ability to clearly communicate benefits of Public Cloud and the wider considerations impacting organisations
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills including the development of proposals and design documentation
- Solution architect experience and an understanding of architecture frameworks such as Togaf and Zachman
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels from technologists to strategists
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.