NOC Support Engineer - CCNA, CCNP, DV Cleared
DV Cleared NOC / Network Operations Centre Engineer / 2nd line support
DV Cleared Network Operations Centre Engineer / 2nd line support - Contract - Wiltshire - £40 - £50 Per Hour
This role will be supporting the 24/7 NOC so you will need to participate in the company rotating shift and 'on call' program as required by the service contract and company needs.
Tasking will include but not limited to:-
- Port reconfiguration with daily reporting
- Core switch port reservations
- Core LOAP VLAN Creation
- New VLAN applied to switched including ACLs, QoS,
- VLAN moves during PC Migration
- Service Engineering Support to users.
The Network Service Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance and solutions to users and customers via the service desk and providing an interface to other technical stakeholders; including subcontractors. To achieve this, the role is responsible for delivering technical service skills in accordance with defined scripts and processes to resolve incidents.
The successful candidate is required to deliver technical service solutions as a response to customer raised incidents and problems. This will require a strong focus on organising, delivering, monitoring and controlling elements within the delivery of services and the opportunity for participating in continuous service improvement initiatives. Additionally, the understanding and contribution to the delivery and analysis of service reporting including tracking of KPI's & SLA's is a key activity.
- To provide resolution to service incidents and problems, applying diagnosis and maintenance activities.
- Identify and champion opportunities to drive enhanced value and cost savings that ensure services are delivered cost effectively.
- The service must be delivered in line with contractual obligations to avoid organisational exposure and the allocation of service credits, abatements and liquidated damages. Consistently perform and deliver outputs within the service contract time constraints (KPI's, SLA's and CSF's).
- Regular housekeeping activities are carried out on the delivered service in accordance with contractual obligations and continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Actively participate in the attainment of industry standard and vendor specific certifications and processes, including ITIL framework, ISO20000 accreditation for Services.
- Performing initial troubleshooting of faults using the management platform.
- Diagnosing and fixing faults within the SLA, either remotely or utilising Field Maintenance Engineers (FMEs) on site.
- Liaising with FME when on site and providing assistance when required.
- HNC or equivalent Comms/Engineering discipline.
- Cisco CCNA.
- Previous network installation experience mandatory.
- Proven experience as a network support engineer.
- Proven experience of network installation and commissioning.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.