Facilities Manager - Strategy & Estates
Facilities Manager - Strategy & Estates:
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Facilities Manager - Strategy & Estates.
Please note: You need to be a full UK national (British Passport holder) due to restrictions of the working environment. Unfortunately dual-nationals cannot be considered due to security restrictions.
You must also be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 12 months (ongoing after).
Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department.
Facilities Manager - Strategy & Estates Job Description:
The delivery of delegated Project objectives and the provision of an effective delivery of service to the business, such that cost, quality and performance objectives are achieved with minimal disruption to the business. Specifically manage MACs (Moves Adds and Changes) and have good knowledge base for property leases.
• Supporting and advising during Project feasibility stages, development of the business case, then ultimately managing the delivery of the project upon handover.
• Assist and advise in accessing, evaluating, recommending the best efficient usage and occupation profile for the industrial and office accommodation to meet the ever changing business needs. Promote new initiatives.
• Contribute to disaster / contingency / operation plan for the relevant buildings in order to support effective risk management planning.
• Capable of delivering several concurrent activities involving upward of 50 sub-contractors.
• Manage the compilation, updating and issuing of the ‘Capability Footprint’, including regular configuration control.
• Hold key interface meetings with minutes and actions ensuring smooth and regular communication and information flow essential for the FM/Strategic team objectives.
• Ensure that Health & Safety, & Security regulations are instigated & maintained by Sub-contractors.
• Ad hoc liaison with the SHE Dept., Security Dept. & the internal Customer to gain resolutions to day-to-day queries & problems associated with on-going project works.
• Management of the compliance of the Control of Contractors process and CDM Regulations with respects to Projects.
Facilities Service Level:
• Manage the provision of Client & detailed requirement specifications.
• Have an overall knowledge of property negotiations, Dilapidations and leases
• Lease negotiations/renewals essential Understanding service charges Outline understanding building valuation Experience of dilapidations
• Managing the ‘Project Delivery Process’ to ensure compliance at all levels, with specific attention being applied to the Management of contract works variations/costs & change order processes.
• Monitoring & reporting of contractor performance.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE..............
• HNC in relevant discipline or substantial practical experience within an Office moves add and changes, Construction & FM environment (5 years).
• Ability to manage internal and external relationships
• Experience of contractor management and project delivery.
• Practical experience of industry standard construction & FM reporting databases.
• Working knowledge of SHE & CDM regulations.
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
• IT literate, including Excel, word, PowerPoint & MS Project.
• Capable of transposing working drawings & specifications into delivered working environments.