Complex Programme Director
Focusing on one or two of our major clients in the Defence arena, you will be working in partnership with the relevant Market/Client Director to ensure we can optimise the flow of engineering delivery work from clients to balance client needs and business targets. The successful candidate will have the gravitas to act as a client ambassador, whilst enthusing our people through identification, development and oversight of project/programme work. Working with ADS&T & wider Atkins practices, you will help to identify strategic client opportunities to guide our long term technical development plans, whilst working with the practice managers to engage our clients and actively develop & sell resource capacity.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Overall responsibility for commercial management and delivery of the services in accordance with the Agreement.
- Lead on client engagement for a specific engagement/framework under the direction of the Market/Client Director, engaging with the key senior client personnel to identify needs and identify and develop valued propositions
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the engagement to the contractual arrangements and the financial outcome in excess of the agreed financial objectives
- Provision of oversight and leadership to virtual teams of circa 100 Atkins FTE’s within the client account, with ability to anticipate and co-ordinate responses to client business needs.
- Manage framework team performance with focus on meeting or exceeding KPI’s
- Fostering teamwork and commitment to the Atkins behavioural standards
- Provide line supervision, support career & talent management for employees within the client team(s) as may be appropriate
- Support the drive to deliver innovation, Technical Excellence, knowledge sharing, and process standardisation /optimisation across clients & resolution of issues
- Develop & maintain resource demand base on pipeline of opportunities in collaboration with wider Atkins whilst supporting the relevant Market Sector
- Work with the practice leadership teams to ensure skills and capacity meet client needs to match workload forecast.
- Act as a Project/Programme Director/Manager and undertake technical delivery if required
- Responsible for winning work through maximising additional/repeat/follow-on work
- Leadership of and support to strategic bids into the client
- Proven experience in similar position, managing clients and delivering significant volume of work in a collaborative working environment
- Leadership qualities & gravitas to lead the client through demanding delivery programmes
- Well-developed professional network
- Experience in dealing with engagement fees of £10m+ p.a.
- Strong demonstrable commercial acumen & negotiating skills
- Experienced client and people manager.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills to interface with clients, internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with client, contractors and other supply chain partners, and stakeholders.
- Be willing to travel across the UK as may be required, and for as long as may be required on major programmes.
- Performance driven.
- Client centric approach.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification in relevant discipline.
- Previous experience of working in the Defence sector is desirable but not essential
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
- Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.
- Training- Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.