Graduate Software Developer and IT Administrator
Our client is looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to join their growing team in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Given the split in responsibilities we do not anticipate that applicants will have all the required skills and so comprehensive training will be provided to compensate.
Graduate Software Developer - Permanent - Oxfordshire - Excellent Salary!
The role will be divided in to two key responsibilities:
- Construct build environments, compile complex multi-platform software, compare resultant binaries and crucially develop tools and processes to support achieving this objective in an automated fashion.
- The job will therefore call upon software engineering, software testing and analytical skills.
- Support the IT Infrastructure Manager in maintaining the HCSEC operational IT environments.
- This will include processing large volumes of incoming sensitive data as well as day-to-day IT Administration tasks.
Required Experience for Graduate Software Developer:
- A good degree in a relevant IT subject (Computer Science, Software Engineering etc.)
- Programming ability in at least one development language
- Linux and Windows configuration/support and knowledge
- Understanding of virtualisation and virtualisation technologies such as VMWare
Highly Desirable Experience for Graduate Software Developer:
- C or C++ development using GNU compilers and make
- Process automation using Windows batch files and Linux shell scripts
- Virtual Machine configuration and management
Desirable Experience for Graduate Software Developer:
- VxWorks RTOS knowledge
- VMware and Ansible
- Telecommunications network protocols
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Graduate Software Developer and IT Administrator
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance or Willing to Undergo