Job Role: Security Consultant
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or DV Clearance
Security Consultant - Permanent - London - Excellent Salary!
Our client is looking for a highly skilled Security Consultant who is cleared to SC or DV level and willing to travel within the UK.
The Security Consultant will assist clients in developing overall cyber security architecture and blue prints based on IT environments and overall business, technology and security objectives.
- Advise clients in understanding the future state problems and challenges in cyber security and work collaboratively with them to enhance capabilities (Manager positions only)
- Act as the Lead Technical Architect and guide project teams in designing cyber security architectures for clients and in developing and executing on actionable roadmaps to deliver on defined architectures and blue prints
- Security engineering design support for client and hosted customers
- Preparation of Security (Network / System) Infrastructure specifications or designs incorporating required information security features
- Design, deploy, install, manage and operate Advanced Cyber Defence technologies including Security Information Event Management, File Integrity Monitoring systems, Threat Detection and Management Systems, Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems, Deep Packet Inspection tools, Network / Endpoint Behaviour Analytics
- Research, create and customize rules and signatures for IDS / IPS to meet emerging vulnerabilities and provide enhanced detection capabilities
- Vulnerability check using multiple intelligence gathering sources and provide written summaries of threat and vulnerability information
- The candidate will need to be able to coordinate with the client team to ensure all devices and components perform as expected and perform troubleshooting and maintenance of assets
- The candidate needs to be able to understand System Diagrams (logical and physical), Hardware / Software / Firmware Inventory, Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing an overall cyber security architecture (e.g., logical, physical, system integration) for medium / large organizations
- Strong experience in defining and/or implementing security tools, solutions to deliver cyber security and other IT capabilities across multiple layers of the IT architecture stack
- Proven track record in contributing to thought leadership in prior work places and/or external market place
- Strong domain expertise, implementation and/or integration skills in two or more of following areas:
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Incident and Event Management
- Threat Intelligence and Modelling
- Security architecture
- Security technologies (e.g., firewalls, security event monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, malware detection)
- Data protection
- Application security/SDLC
- Network and Infrastructure Security
- Cloud security
- Encryption and Key Management
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Apply for Security Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly