Network Design Engineer - SC Cleared - Cisco / Juniper
Network Design Engineer - Cisco / Juniper
Competitive Salary, car allowance, bonus, healthcare & benefits
My client, a major global IT Outsourcing company, are looking to recruit a number of Network Design Engineer to join their team based in Basingstoke.
Outline of role
The prime responsibilities of the Network Design Engineer are:
- Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations within all Transition and Migration Work Packages.
- To support the Project Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the Network LLD designs.
- To take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities such as Integration, Pre-Production and Live environment
- Ensure the build documentation produced are fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers
- Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
- Willing to undertake customer site surveys to assist with proposed technical network design
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas if required
- Provide 4th line support and work with relevant vendors to resolve issues
- SC Clearance
- Excellent network configuration experience using Juniper and Cisco technologies
- Juniper and/or Cisco accreditation (CCNA, JNCIS-ENT preferable; Juniper JNCIA-Junos minimum)
- Excellent knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and Cisco IOS
- Experience of configuring LAN switches from Juniper and Cisco portfolio.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- VRF and VLAN configuration
- SVI/RVI configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration
- AAA configuration
- Access lists configuration
- IP Addressing design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
- DV Clearance
- Firewalls skills, specifically Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation
If you have the required skills and experience, please apply online. All suitable candidates will be contacted within 2 working days.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.