Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Job Role: Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Location: Hampshire or Bristol
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance
Systems Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire or Bristol - Excellent Salary!
- You will work on a range of client facing projects, large and small, and may also be expected to contribute to winning new business and managing tasks.
- To be successful in this role you need to be proactive and have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Your key responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Preparing detailed technical reports and presenting the findings of systems and engineering analyses to both internal and external customers.
- Building sustainable relationships with customers, stakeholders and experts.
- Working with senior staff on thought leadership activities on software and complex hardware assurance and safety in an environment where systems are increasingly more complex and where interfaces and systems vary depending on the operational requirement; preparing policy documents.
- As you gain experience, providing independent advice on safety critical systems, software and complex hardware and a drive to develop and seek out new opportunities and techniques for continuous improvement.
- Our client's projects may require some working on client sites and overnight stays.
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in an engineering/science discipline or equivalent engineering experience.
- To be able to evaluate and assess the implications relating to compliance and deviations for systems and or software.
- Curious and insightful, you are always developing new skills and expertise.
- Excellent team working and communication skills; where you embrace the diversity of people and their viewpoints and capitalise on your people skills to support your work.
- Able to work effectively to defined timescales.
- An interest and desire to work within a defence, aerospace or other relevant safety related sector.
Highly Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- A pragmatic and quick learner able to support and evaluate problems relating to complex safety and software intensive systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be familiar with one of the following languages: VHDL, C, C++, Java, ADA or C#.
- Understand key safety and certification management systems and strategies and processes and techniques.
- You are able to research evidence, filter relevant information and articulate it in clear and concise manner.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards chartered status. An Electronic Engineering or Computer Science degree would be ideal.
- Masters level qualification in software engineering.
- Membership of an engineering institution.
- Experience of creating and maintaining safety cases and safety case reports.
- Experience of conducting independent technical evaluation tasks.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.