Senior Information Systems Engineer
Senior Information System Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire or London - Great Salary & Benefits!
- Delivering and advising on Systems Engineering activities throughout the engineering lifecycle.
- Communicating complex concepts and solutions in a compelling and straightforward way, yet underpinned by a strong grasp of the detail.
- Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members.
- Supporting the marketing and sales of advisory and implementation Systems Engineering services programmes.
- Supporting the development of the Systems Engineering capability.
- A potential for Line Management of other team members or Technical Area Leadership.
In addition to client technical delivery, the successful candidate will be expected to support continued development of our client's Systems Engineering capability through, for example, development of approaches and tools, and potentially assisting with the development and delivery of training. Additionally there will be a need to support or lead business development activities.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent core competence and experience in delivery of Systems Engineering activities.
- Have led or performed systems engineering activity as part of a diverse multi-disciplinary team.
- Good first degree in a science, computing or engineering subject and will have relevant system engineering qualifications and membership of professional bodies (e.g. INCOSE).
You will also have a proven track record in a number of the following areas:
- System Engineering Development Methodologies and Tools (Waterfall, Agile RUP, RAD, SSADM, etc.).
- Governance Structures between System Engineering Frameworks and complementary structures e.g. P3M, Enterprise Architecture.
- System Lifecycle Management including Sourcing Strategy, Design, Build, Test, Deployment and Disposal Management.
- Requirements Definition and Management.
- System Development Testing Strategies, including management of full testing lifecycles (e.g. Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Penetration Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing).
- Business Analysis.
- Information Management.
- Have experience of supporting the delivery and sales of system engineering advisory and implementation services programmes in a "blue chip" consultancy.
- A solid understanding of programme/project management and how it relates to the execution of Systems Engineering activities.
- Experience of leading or contributing to bids and tenders.
- Have a strong interest and appreciation of technology trends and government IT strategy, such as, Cloud, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Big Data and/or Digital Services.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- An ability for developing and maintaining strong business relationships at all levels.
- Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and strong stakeholder engagement).
- An ability to work under broad direction, with a high level of self-initiation.
The following requirements are desirable:
- Or client is particularly interested in individuals who have experience of the following approaches: EASE, MODAF, TOGAF.
- Wider sector experience (Local Government; Regulated Industry; Private sector).
You will be required to hold a high level of security clearance. If you do not hold an active clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.