Lead Systems Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £48K - £60K
The Lead Systems Engineer will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. They will also perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation.
Provide expert knowledge and design support to the Programme teams by undertaking Systems Engineering activities including:
Providing leadership and oversight on the design, development, for the training programme for system operators, technicians. Instructors and support personnel. The lead system engineer will support the training analysis design covering areas such as: Requirement analysis Developing detailed system specifications Support Detailed reviews with customer and internal boards
Desired & Required Skills:
- Proven experience within a similar Systems Engineering position
- Degree in an engineering discipline or other higher education with equivalent experience
- Experience in working in domestic and international nuclear energy domains.
- Experience in designing training solutions that include affective domain training.
- Analytical: ability to analyse technical problems and provide pragmatic solutions.
- Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposal to Customers and Suppliers.
- Decision-making: ability to make rapid decisions.
- Interpersonal: ability to work with and lead a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
- Technical innovation: ability to develop solutions innovatively.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise resources to react to operational requirements.
- Proven inter-personal and technical skills and must be able to work within a small technical team and provide technical expertise and leadership when required.
- Self-starting and capable of working effectively without day to supervision under only general direction.
- Strong customer and end user focus and capable of readily interpreting and influencing Customer thinking.
Desired Skills for the Role
- Achieved or seeking to achieve Chartered status with an appropriate institution
- Nuclear industry qualification(s) in operations, maintenance, radiation protection/control and/or nuclear chemistry. In-plant nuclear experience in the commercial or defence nuclear propulsion domains. Previous experience in designing training solutions in the nuclear energy domain is desirable.
- The Individual should have experience of nuclear power generation systems
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.