Senior Software Engineer - C#
Job Role: Senior Software Engineer - C#
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Senior Software Engineer (C#) - Permanent - Surrey - £48,000
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work within a technology-driven area on a large programme.
As a Senior Software Engineer, the successful candidate will be undertaking the design, development, integration and test of Network Management Systems. The candidate will be ensuring the infrastructure is in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Software Engineering team leader.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to define a career path with a wealth of options. The candidate will be helping to develop the shared computer environment onto which all individual equipment will run.
- Participating in capturing requirements, designing, implementing and testing NMS software for the Shared Infrastructure system
- Carrying out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluating and selecting technical options, and preparing reports with suggested recommendations to support problem resolution and the improvement of engineering capability
- Preparing specifications, developing designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carrying out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained
- Carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team
- Acting as a point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on specific engineering matters, resolving relatively complex problems and issues and maintaining awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Track record in software development
- Experience of using C# / Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) / Python / Agile development process / Serial Communication CLI
- Knowledge of networks (and experience of managing a network) would be beneficial
- Degree or equivalent in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
- Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably a member of a relevant professional body
- An excellent team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Have good written and verbal communications skills
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.