Would you like a highly varied and unique position? Our client currently has a vacancy for a Principal Engineer - Systems Architect based at Glasgow.
As a Principal Engineer - Systems Architect, the successful candidate will work across the Systems Engineering team as well as the system design teams to enable a comprehensive understanding of Marine Systems end-to-end functionality to be developed and linked to the operational and physical requirements. The role will provide specialist expertise in the use and deployment of MoDAF viewpoints - linking all aspects of the engineering design process with an appropriate Engineering Data Framework.
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop existing skills.
Systems Architect - Permanent - Glasgow - £43,000 - £50,000 per annum
What Our Client is Looking for in You:
- To be successful in this role you will show excellent communication skills when managing and working with a team.
- You will be able to manage your time effectively and be highly organised.
- You will have good influencing skills and be a logical and a structured thinker.
- Planning, managing and implementing the development of an appropriate functional architecture and Engineering Data Framework for Marine Systems in conjunction with other SE techniques (such as dynamic modelling, V&E etc.) and other stakeholders.
- Developing and tailoring the policies, principles, and processes that will be adhered to in the development of the Marine Systems architecture and EDF.
- Identifying and managing resource and technology requirements for the development of the Marine Systems architecture, which includes the management of any resource/technology constraints - lead the delivery of work packages as required.
- Liaising with other SE team members to capture, analyse and map requirements in an architecting environment to support requirements analysis and traceability of solution elements.
- Prioritising architecting tasking to ensure that Architecture Products are developed in an appropriate sequence to support the higher level integration plan.
- Leading and chairing architecture review meetings with customers / stakeholders / system designers including individuals unfamiliar with the architecting process.
- Extensive System/Enterprise Architecting experience with the ability to apply and communicate this understanding.
- Ability to understand complex systems involving software control.
- Experience of planning and running system architecture work.
- Experience managing own work to deliver against time and cost.
- Providing support and developing the team as the SME.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Systems Architect
Salary/Rate: £43,000 - £50,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Apply for Systems Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly