Senior IT Business Development Manager
Senior Business Development Manager
Locations: UK and Ireland
Position Type: Permanent
About Capita | Managed IT Solutions
Capita Managed IT Solutions is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are a leading IT services company that provides cloud based and infrastructure services to public, private and third sector organisations and specialist managed IT services in the education, government, utilities and charities sectors.
We work in partnership with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their organisation and then create a technology strategy to support transformation, drive operational efficiency and reduce costs. Making IT work better for customers is our ultimate goal.
What you will do
- Be responsible for promoting the services offered by our Managed IT Solutions business within Capita.
- Lead the Business Development team based in the Republic of Ireland
- Develop relationships and deliver short, medium and long term business opportunities within target accounts and other nominated clients within public or private sectors
- Develop close working relationships with the top-level decision-makers within Ireland and their teams to maximise business within the assigned territory.
- Develop a well-qualified opportunity pipeline and win new business
- Maintain strong and trusted relationship with clients to enable client retention and ensure repeat business.
- Develop close working relationships with the delivery team, working within the market to maximise business growth
- Deliver agreed Sales, Revenue and gross profit targets
- Identify client/market needs and trends
- Minimum of 7 years' successful sales experience in IT Infrastructure based Solutions / IT Services
- Minimum of 5 years' successful people management experience in a selling environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain client (decision maker) relationships
- Good level of Technical Understanding
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with customers at all levels
- Highly organised, with the ability to understand the needs of the client and match those needs to the design and provision of a compelling solution
- Experience of working independently, with the ability to maintain self-motivation and proactivity
- Ability to negotiate successfully
- Excellent presentation skills
- Computer literate - good experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Must already have full driving licence
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.