Enterprise Architect - Sheffield
About the Role
Capita Local Government Services is seeking an Enterprise Architect to work within the Sheffield City Council Partnership Team.
In order for this account to grow it is vital that the changing needs of the customer, their drivers, challenges and requirements to address these are understood and accurately translated into solutions. The whole customer business and IT landscape must be understood, both current and future needs, with solutions that are tailored to fit and deliver the anticipated benefits. A detailed understanding of technology across the enterprise is a key requirement for this role.
About Capita | Local Government
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
We work with local authorities across the UK to reduce service and support costs, free up your employees' time, improve efficiency and ensure compliance with the latest regulations.
What You Will Do
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the business and IT are in alignment.
- You will work proactively with the entire Sheffield City Council customer to understand their current and future business needs. Agreeing and managing requirements will be key to the success of this role, ensuring that outputs are in line with customer needs, that customer expectations are accurately managed, their role in delivering success is understood and that the outputs are realistic and deliverable within available timescales.
- Post defining requirements your role will be to work with the customer internal IT teams and our IT partners (internal and external) to develop the solution, commission the work, oversee and take responsibility for the overall delivery of the IT elements throughout the programme including realisation of any benefits.
- Success will be measured against delivery of customer benefits, account growth and development. Internal suppliers should benefit from increased profitability through the ability to work with accurate, stable and managed requirements, minimising project overruns and enabling change to be proactively managed with reduced disputes.
- Provide technical leadership for the LG business, working with technical resource within each partnership and other third parties to deliver technical and service innovation.
- Assist in the development of a governance framework to manage scope and justification for decisions and actions throughout the development lifecycle
- Oversee the delivery of the IT elements within these programmes of work, managing the performance of internal and third party IT suppliers
- Source SME's where appropriate to enable successful programme delivery
- Monitor benefits realisation and stakeholder return on investment throughout the programme and after completion.
Your Experience Will Include:
- Proven Enterprise Architecture Experience
- Strong understanding of TOGAF (or similar)
- Experience with Azure
- Experience of modelling techniques and notations e.g. BPMN, UML and knowledge of at least Enterprise Architecture Tool.
- Ideally detailed understanding of the use of IT within Local Government, current and future trends
- Good all round technical knowledge in infrastructure and applications.
- Knowledge of public and hybrid cloud technologies is essential in this role and existing experience of transforming services into these environments would be advantageous.
- Ideally experience of working across multiple sectors of Local Government.
- Experience working and leading complex programmes of change involving multiple providers
- Familiar with business process improvement techniques
- Experience preparing commercial business cases
- Expert in the economics of service delivery
- Managing Solution Review processes and governance
- Architect best practice management
- Full UK driving license
- Confident and clear communicator both written and oral
- Ability to present ideas clearly to a non-technical audience at all levels within the organisation
A proven track record within Local Government across a wide range of areas of the LG business and specific knowledge of commonly used Local Government systems and technology would be ideal. Involvement in successful Local Government transformation programmes will be an advantage as will formal technical architecture qualifications TOGAF etc.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.