Solutions Architect - Farnborough
Solutions Architect - All Technologies Including: Network / System / Data / Applications - Farnborough
One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for a Solutions Architect to come and join their dedicated IT Strategy and Planning Team. They are a global organisation that is predominantly based in Europe, North America and Australia, but are going into emerging markets in Africa and South East Asia.
You will be joining an existing team that has a vital role to play, working with a number of Businesses, IT leadership and subject matter experts to build a view of the organisational strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets.
- A background of designing complete solutions with a broad technological background including - Data / Infrastructure / Applications / Networks / Software / Security
- Experience designing and developing standards and solutions that support the introduction of new and emerging technologies in a safe and secure manner.
- Excellent communication and management experience
- Displays personal drive and integrity
- Work with Business Analysts to ensure that the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Non-Functional Requirements are suitably documented and are fit to determine the solution, can be tested against, and detailed enough to prove that the solution will deliver to the requirements.
- Defining and articulating complex solutions for large scale / high impact projects, including business, application, data and infrastructure impacts along with testing and implementation considerations through defined design & approval process.
- Developing pragmatic, commercially feasible architectures, considering all functional as well as non-functional requirements (e.g.. performance, capacity, accessibility, security, usability)
- Work in association with the Lead Solution Architect to ensure that quotes for design time-scales / technical costs are increasingly accurate as progress is made through the design cycle.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team of application, data and infrastructure professionals to implement the architecture, including those distributed across geographical boundaries
- Troubleshoot complex and intermittent problems to tight time-frames whilst under pressure
- Provide strategic consultation to QinetiQ and its subsidiaries projects and service development initiatives in defining or designing business processes and functions, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer requirements
The position is based in Farnborough, and will require candidates to go through Security Clearance process after starting.
Up to £60,000 with excellent benefits
If you are interested please apply. If you are unsure if you are eligible for SC Clearance or would like to hear more please call me on 01619243659