Logistics / Stores / Supply Manager
Logistics / Supply / Stock Manager - Contract - Oxfordshire - Up to £27 per hourMy client is ideally looking for an ex member of the UK Armed forces who has worked as a specialist in one of the following disciplines: Supply and Movements, Transportation and Warehousing, Quartermaster General. The role will comprise of controlling and management of stocks of aircraft parts to ensure that sufficient stock is held at forward at all times.This responsible position will also require the succesful candidate to be responsible for working with staff from other disciplines as well as team members to ensure that stock levels are kept sufficient and that repair request and unserviceable parts are progressed properly.Key Skills:
- · Relevant experience in a logistics staff role on an aircraft IPT within the DLO
- · Intimate knowledge of military supply practices, procedures and associated information systems
- · Experience of front-line and deployed aircraft operations
- · Experience in the management and deployment of logistics information systems
- · Essential to have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to at least an intermediate level
- · Essential to be able to demonstrate the intellectual calibre and confidence to conduct complex discussions with civilian and service customers and suppliers.
- · Posses excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- · Proficient in MS Office suite of programs and commercial Asset Management IT solutions.
- · Competence in the use of process mapping tools and the associated principles and practices of process mapping
- · Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education or relevant work experience
- · Experience with the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or British Army as a specialist in one of the following disciplines: Supply and Movements, Transportation and Warehousing, Quartermaster General.