Senior Hardware Engineer
Job Role: Senior Hardware Engineer
Location: Surrey or Hampshire
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Senior Hardware Engineer - Permanent - Surrey or Hampshire - £55,000
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to undertake a defined range of hardware engineering activities, associated with the development of control systems, in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements.
Under the guidance of the Hardware Engineering team leader the Hardware Engineer will:
- Support builds assembly and installations of consoles & cabinets containing Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) equipment to authorised design & installation specifications
- Be central to hardware related test & acceptance activities, whilst producing material in support of Product Safety & Design Certification activities
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in equipment design and development using COTS hardware and PC technology, including networking utilising both Ethernet and serial interfaces
- Appreciation/understanding of EMC and compliance testing
- Experience in Product Safety
- The ability to liaise with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual and member of the team, with a keen interest for attention to detail and a determined work ethic
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed despite setbacks and have an aspiration to lead teams in the future
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.