SC Cleared Network Designer
Lorien are recruiting a skilled and experienced Network Designer for a permanent opportunity in Basingstoke. This is to join a market leading blue chip company, currently providing IT Solutions that are a major source of innovation and growth for their clients. You would be joining a dedicated Network team currently supporting Defence projects with responsibility for:
- Supporting the Lead Architect and Deputy CTO in designing and delivering Networks to customer specification
- Ensuring designs are fit for purpose
- Taking ownership HLD/LLD components for specific key areas including DNSIP, Wireless, NTP, Data Centre LAN, LAN Migration
- Providing day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network designs within all Transition and Migration Work Packages.
- Providing impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests
To be considered for this role you will have technical experience with Juniper and Cisco and possess a good mix of the following:
- Firewalls specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- SVI/RVI design and configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration
- AAA design and configuration
- Access lists configuration
- VRF and VLAN design and configuration
- IP Addressing design
- Remote Access solutions i.e. Cisco AnyConnect, Pulse Secure
- VPN design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
Competitive basic salary and package including bonus scheme, car allowance, 25 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution (including life assurance and long term sickness protection).
This is a fantastic chance to join one of the biggest and most established ICT companies not only in the UK, but with a global presence. If you are talented, enthusiastic and keen to make a difference you will succeed in this organisation.
Due to the secure nature of this role and access to the site candidates will ideally hold current security clearance to SC level.
Please apply within or send a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com/0113 200 2237.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Apply now by sending in your updated CV